Below are the secondary prompts for Loyola University Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine. Want to maximize your chances for an interview invite? Work with our expert medical school admission consultants to put your best foot forward through our secondary application editing services.
Our mission statement reflects the guiding principles of our institution. The Stritch School of Medicine is a home for all faiths, according to our Jesuit values. We believe that spirituality is an integral component of education, professional formation, and well-being. We value the opportunity to consider reflections of your own mission as it pertains to your candidacy and future professional goals. With your own personal mission in mind, please address each of the following questions (please limit your responses to 500 words or less):
1) Becoming a person for others is a core Jesuit value. What does this Jesuit ideal mean to you?
2) Please describe a personal or professional challenge or conflict that you have experienced. How did you resolve it? What skills, resources and/or strategies did you employ? DO NOT write about the MCAT, a course, or an academic issue.
3) How will you contribute to the diversity of the Stritch student body and community? Specifically, what unique traits, identities, experiences, skills and perspectives will you contribute?
4) Please use this space to bring the information in your AMCAS application up-to-date. Please indicate additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know. If you have not been enrolled in coursework, please let us know what you have been doing since coursework ended.
5) Have you or any of your relatives attended or been employed by Loyola University Chicago or the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine?
List relative(s), institution(s), and year(s) of graduation:
6) Please use the space below to further explain anything in your application that may help us in our review of your candidacy-gaps or delays in education, academic missteps, or personal challenges not listed elsewhere, etc. (this response limited to 1500 characters)
7) Have you applied to Loyola Stritch School of Medicine prior to this application? If so, please list the years of your previous application submissions to Loyola SSOM.
8) Have you applied to any medical school prior to this year’s application? If so, please list the years of your previous application submissions to AMCAS. Please also tell us how your application has improved since your previous application.