Below are the secondary prompts for Texas Tech University HSC School of Medicine. Want to maximize your chances for an interview invite? Work with our expert medical school admission consultants to put your best foot forward through our secondary application editing services.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is responsible for providing primary health care to 108 counties of West Texas. We are interested in hearing about the areas of medicine that interest you.
Please indicate the area(s) of medicine you are interested in and briefly describe your significant activities for each respective interest in the available text box.
1. Areas of interest: 100 words or less each
b. Practicing in an underserved area
c. Rural health
d. Medical Research
e. Medical Academics
f. Primary Care
g. Border Health
h. Public Health Other (Please describe below)
2. Of the activities listed in your primary application, identify 3 that you consider to be the most meaningful in your pursuit of a medical career and explain why. (300 words or less)
3. Have you experienced any road bumps in your academic career? (Low academic performance, dropping, retaking, or failing courses, etc.)
4. What do you like or dislike most about the area you are from; your hometown? (300 words or less)
5. Please describe what you would see as the “ideal” practice for you. (Where, what type of practice – clinic, hospital, specialty, who would be your patients, etc.). (300 words or less)
6. If you are applying to a dual degree program, please briefly describe your motivation to pursue this program and any other pertinent information. (e.g. research interests, steps taken to prepare yourself) (350 words or less)
d. MD/PhD (must complete the AMCAS application as the primary application)
e. MD/JD (must complete the AMCAS application as the primary application)
f. I am not applying to a dual degree or special program
7. Are you applying to FMAT?
8. Please tell us about your favorite recreational/leisure activities (300 words or less).
9. Do you consider yourself from West Texas or as having West Texas ties?
10. Have you participated in any special programs offered by a medical school to help prepare yourself for medical school and a career in medicine?