Below are the secondary prompts for University of Kentucky College of Medicine. Want to maximize your chances for an interview invite? Work with our expert medical school admission consultants to put your best foot forward through our secondary application editing services.
For OOS only:
This is an opportunity to describe more about yourself to the Admissions Committee. The Personal Comments section of the AMCAS application is not an acceptable substitute. In the essay, please address the following points:
1. Reasons for selecting a medical career;
2. Things you have done to prepare yourself for a medical education and career;
3. Personal characteristics and other accomplishments and experiences that you feel help qualify you for the practice of medicine; and,
4. Why you chose to apply to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
5. Please elaborate on any Kentucky ties: personal, familial, etc.
1. How would you describe your ability to use unscheduled time during the day for learning?
2. What competencies and qualities should a physician possess for practice in the 21st century?
3. Describe the most significant community service activity in which you have participated. How did it affect you?
4. Describe an experience or situation which made you feel grateful.
5. In providing patient care, should physicians maintain emotional distance or empathize with patients’ emotional states? As a physician, how would you deal with your own emotions?
6. Describe a situation in your undergraduate education when you felt alive and engaged in learning.