Below are the secondary prompts for University of South Florida College of Medicine. Want to maximize your chances for an interview invite? Work with our expert medical school admission consultants to put your best foot forward through our secondary application editing services.
1. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career? Please choose the single answer that best describes your career goals:
● Private Practice
● Academic Medicine
● Public Health
● Health Care Administration
● Health Policy
2. Describe the knowledge, skills, and attributes you have developed in preparation for the career path you have chosen in question 4a. (2000 Characters)
3. (Optional) The USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations program aims to support the educational development of medical students by providing opportunities for academic endeavors in areas of special interest. This program facilitates self-directed learning, enhances interactions between students and fosters relationships between students and faculty. Scholarly concentrations provide a forum where diversity of ideas and perspectives are valued. Each concentration includes elements of course work, practical application and scholarly presentation.
Please review our Scholarly Concentrations website to determine which concentration would be of interest to you and answer the following question. (Scholarly Concentrations Program | USF Health)
a. How would the USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations Program help your personal career goals? (2000 characters)
4. The University of South Florida, College of Medicine strives to educate a very diverse set of students who bring a variety of strengths and interests to the field of medicine. The definition of diversity is broad and includes (but is not limited to) lifestyle, race/ethnicity, geography, socioeconomic status and distance traveled through life. The definition of strength is also broad and includes (but not limited to) humanism, scholarship, intellectual curiosity, research and leadership. How do you feel your particular experiences, interests, and passions will add to the strength and diversity of the USF class and ultimately to the field of medicine? (2000 characters)
5. Describe your ideas about how the medical profession can best respond to disparities in healthcare (2000 characters)
6. If you have experienced academic difficulties, please explain the situation and how it was resolved. (Please explain all grades less than a “B” (including B-) or any “withdrawal” on your transcripts). (2000 characters)
There are also various questions about participating in SMPs or Post Baccs, crimes, and IAs that you have to answer if applicable. All 2000 characters