Below are the secondary prompts for University of Washington School of Medicine. Want to maximize your chances for an interview invite? Work with our expert medical school admission consultants to put your best foot forward through our secondary application editing services.
1. An autobiographical statement which should include (250 word limit):
1. the origin and development of your motivation to be a physician
2. your prior experiences in health care
3. steps taken to explore a career in medicine
4. your eventual goals as a physician
5. personal attributes that would make you a good physician
2. Please do not repeat what you wrote in your AMCAS Personal Comments (this will already be on file with our office). If you have already covered all of the above topics in your AMCAS application, use this space to let the Admissions Committee know who you are in addition to being someone who wants to be a physician.
4 or 5 additional short essays (250 word limit each)
1. How have your experiences prepared you to be a physician?
2. What perspectives or experiences do you bring that would enrich the class?
3. What obstacles have you experienced and how have you overcome them?
4. How have societal inequities in the U.S. affected you or patients you have worked with?
5. For re-applicants: From your most recent application until now, how have you strengthened your application?”