Below are the secondary prompts for West Virginia University School of Medicine. Want to maximize your chances for an interview invite? Work with our expert medical school admission consultants to put your best foot forward through our secondary application editing services.
Why did you choose to apply to West Virginia University School of Medicine?
Choose 4 of the following:
1. Tell us one unique fact about yourself
2. Every accepted student to the Class of 2023 will bring varied experiences to enhance the learning environment. If accepted, what can you teach your classmates; and in turn, what are you hoping to learn from them?
3. Advocacy in medicine can come in many forms. Please describe a situation when you advocated for someone else.
4. Name a character to whom you can relate from any book and tell us why
5. While shadowing physicians, you have likely witnessed excellent role models. In some instances, you may have witnessed a negative doctor-patient encounter. If you have witnessed a negative encounter, please describe how you would have handled the situation differently if you were the physician.
6. Students are a crucial part of the medical team, and often students bring innovative ideas to challenging situations. Please provide a creative solution to a major health issue in West Virginia.
all 150 word counts